Vegan milk alternatives are more popular now than ever before, it is a booming industry. Although plant milks have been consumed for centuries in various cultures, their popularity has significantly grown over the past years. People choose plant milk over dairy milk for a variety of reasons. Two-thirds of people who buy plant-based milk choose the alternative beverages simply because of great taste. Other people choose vegan milk because they opt for a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle or to avoid lactose or dairy milk allergens.
According to Research and Markets the Vegan milk market is expected to reach US$21.52 billion in 2024. The factors such as the expansion of the beverage industry, growing obese population, rapid urbanization, and increasing disposable income are expected to drive the market. Availability of diverse flavors (quinoa, almond, cashew, coconut, hazelnut, hemp, macadamia nut, oat, rice, soya) is dominating the market, and essential nutrients has also created a favorable scenario for the plant-based milk market, especially ready-to drink products, among consumers.
Mostly the plant-based milk market is highly concentrated with soy and almond milk, which exhibits amazing health benefits and that is why they are becoming popular among people, particularly fitness enthusiasts.
The fastest-growing regional market in the Asia Pacific, due to the increased production as well as consumption of milk alternatives. Countries like China, India and Indonesia are leading producers of soy, coconuts and rice, consumption of these foods have been ingrained in the culinary traditions of these nations for thousands of years. Europe is showing a significant value share in the market too, and the Middle East, Africa and Latin America are also expected to see a growth in the coming years.
Attending a trade fair is a big step for any company, especially those operating in the food and beverage sector. That’s where you meet new clients and strike up important partnerships. You can examine the products of your competitors closely, assess the average standards of the industry, and listen to the customer needs. These types of conventions are crucial for advertisement purposes. They can open the door to dozens of business opportunities, making them a valuable part of any company’s arsenal, helping to improve your business.
This is the TOP 10 of the most important fairs worldwide within the vegan milk, food and plant products industry.
1. Plan Based World Conference and Expo is the only professional 100% plant-based event for foodservice, retail, and healthcare professionals, distributors, investors, manufacturers, and the plant-based influencer community. Network with professionals who have successfully embarked on both personal and professional plant-based journeys, many of whom have created some of the world’s most revolutionary plant-based products and foods. Share experiences, learn from peers, and immerse yourself in a truly collaborative industry. Plant Based World is a unique opportunity to help both established and start-up brands move from niche to mainstream with a captive and inspired audience. The event is taking place in London, 15-16 October 2021. More information: http://www.plantbasedworldeurope.com
2. Anuga Organic Fair Trade is the world’s largest trade fair and it is the most important industry meeting point with over 7500 exhibitors and more than 170000 visitors and as such, the N 1 Food and Beverage business event. from 5 to 9 October 2021 Anuga will once again feature the world’s most relevant innovations and topics for the international trade audience. Location: Cologne, Germany. Here is the official link.
3. Sial China is a leading annual trade fair for the food & beverage industry bringing together more than 100,000 visitors yearly. SIAL China 2022, which will take place between May 18th and 20th in Shanghai New International Expo Center, is expected to surpass those numbers by attracting even more international visitors, including decision makers, major industry players and media representatives. More information: http://en.sialchina.com
4. Gulfood in the United Arab Emirates is a key event in the Middle east and Asia. Well known for the perfect organisation, lavish conveniences and world leading business opportunities Gulfood brings together about 5000 exhibitors, 93,000 visitors and more than 20,000 brands. Ministers and top level decision makers from over 21 countries attend the event annually and take advantage of the unique business environment to sign long term deals and engage in world class knowledge transfer gatherings, congresses and forums. There is no better time and place to make your connection with the global food and business community. The fair is from February 13th to 17th of 2022. Here is the official link.
5. Natural & Organic Products Europe is Europe’s biggest trade show for natural & organic products making it the must attend event for buyers of natural health and living products, natural and organic food & drink as well as natural beauty & personal care products. There are 10500 attendees and over 700 exhibitors. The trade fair will be held next year from April 3rd to 4th in London. More information: www.naturalproducts.co.uk
6. The Naturally Good Expo, which takes place at Sydney Convention & Exhibition Center, is the leading trade fair for natural, organic and healthy products in the Asia Pacific region. The products and services are presented by manufacturers, wholesalers, sales people and retailers, who want to promote their products, identify new trends in the rapidly growing market, and establish new business contacts. Next May 2022 The Naturally Good Expo will take place in Sydney.
7. Salón Gourmets is the biggest Fine Food and Beverages Fair in Europe and one of the most prestigious in the world. With a history of 33 consecutive events, growing numbers and a purely commercial spirit, it is the most visited by national and international professionals in the gastronomic sector: restaurants, hotels, distributors, catering and specialized wholesalers and retailers. At this top event visitors can find from the most exquisite of traditional products to the newest trends, aimed exclusively at gastronomy professionals. The dates of the event are 18 – 21 October 2021, it is expected to be bigger and more crucial than ever, with over 100,000 professional visitors expected at the fair. More information: www.esmadrid.com
8. Natural Products Expo East is an annual trade show fair, this flagship event endeavors to connect the business professionals of the healthy lifestyle industry. With an account of approximately 29000 visitors and 451 exhibitors, the event is going to begin from September 22th to 25th, 2021 in Philadelphia, PA, USA. Exhibitors showcase the latest innovations shaping the future of organic and natural food and beverage. More information: https://www.expoeast.com
9. The International Food and Beverage Expo (NFBE), specializes in building the best trade cooperation platform for the natural food and healthy beverage industry. It aims to serve as an exchange and cooperation platform for food and beverage manufacturers, processing enterprises, traders and related processing equipment manufacturers from home and abroad, and helps them open up new markets for health food and beverages around the globe. The event will be held from November 17th to 19th of 2021. More information http://www.nfbexpo.com/
10. Foodex Japan is Asia’s one of the largest professional trade show for Food & Beverage with almost 3 000 exhibitors from 80 countries. Foodex Japan provides business expansion opportunities and provides solutions for Food & Beverage related world issues. The fair will be in Tokyo, Japan, from March 8th to 11th of 2022. More information: https://www.jma.or.jp/foodex/en/about/index.html
A third of UK households buy dairy-free milk. In the USA the rate is 41%. The European whole plant-based food industry has grown by 49% within the last two years. Every single one of the 11 European countries saw an increase in plant-based demand, giving a total sales value of €3.6 billion.
Notably, the German market saw the biggest plant-based shift of all, with its vegan meat category growing by a whopping 226% over the same period to top €181 million. Plant-based meats also performed well in the French market, with 100% growth recorded within its discount store channels, and in the Austrian retail, where sales-value growth reached 82%. In Spain, vegan milk has surged double-digits to become the leading segment in the industry, with its sales value surpassing €318 million, though its plant-based meat sector remains strong, bolstered by its successful homegrown startup brand Heura, who stands as the fastest growing plant based startup in Europe and has recently reported a tripling turnover during Covid pandemic year.
Are you interested in entering a foreign market? Go there! Are you hoping to sell internationally? Go big!
For issues related to business or international trade we leave you our blog #beinternational https://madiuc3m.com/be-international/
Written by: Natalja Lainjarv
Optimized by: Diana Nathalie Moreno